Job Title Medical Assistant II
Vacancy Number 217039SV
Department MEDICINE-OUTPATIENT CLINIC - 99992371
Salary Range Hiring up to $34,000
Essential Functions and Duties
Schedules appointments, prepares patient charts, and performs other clerical/administrative functions at a clinic. Performs patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs and drawing blood.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
* Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as taking vital signs, drawing blood and in some cases administering tests such as EKGs.
* Schedules patient tests and appointments and prepares patient charts.
* Collects patient histories.
* Maintains patient and services rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
* Takes an inventory of clinic supplies and orders new supplies and equipment.
* Sorts clinic mail and files patient medical records.
* Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information; completing forms/requisitions as needed.
* Sets up instruments and equipment according to department protocol.
* May provide guidance to entry level Medical Assistants.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma/G.E.D. and completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training program or certification as a Phlebotomy Technician.
Minimum Job Experience:
Two years of previous experience
Required: CPR certification.
Basic Life Support certification (BLS certification may be required in some clinics)
Certification as Phlebotomy Technician from the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians or Certification as a Medical Assistant.
Job Category Health Care
Required Documents Resume
Optional Documents Other Document