Assistant Dean Business Operations(Job Number: 0166698)
The Georgia Institute of Technology Professional Education Division is seeking an outstanding individual with exceptional operations, business, strategic and interpersonal skills to join the Professional Education senior leadership team as the Assistant Dean Business Operations.
This individual will be a thought leader and advocate for new and existing professional credit and non-credit academic programs as well as for the students enrolled in the programs. This is a twelve month position providing leadership and support to an array of business areas in the division. This person will report directly to the Dean of Professional Education.
Responsibilities for this position include the oversight of business activities for the academic programs and utilization of Georgia Tech Professional Education assets.
This position will be responsible for:
• Business operations oversight and management, including business/finance, communications, human resources, IT, marketing, operations and space rental sales, for the division as well as metrics that will create and sustain efficient and effective processes
• Demonstrating and creating state-of-the-art customer service and lead initiatives for these areas across the division
• Identifying and developing value and associated business models from organizational assets, physical and intangible
• Creating and supporting both new and existing business models that lead to desired outcomes
• Organizing, planning and ensuring data integrity to foster organizational data driven business decisions
• Providing leadership for and support to various GTPE personnel
• Cultivating successful working relationships with key institutional personnel including financial leaders of colleges, schools, departments, centers, institutes, etc.
• Representing the Professional Education division at internal meetings as appropriate and actively participating in and serving on national and international organizations
• Working in close concert with leadership of the division
The ideal candidate will demonstrate both business acumen as well as strategic and creative leadership.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate and have a desire to be a collaborative team player with a history of accomplishments in providing excellent business and operational leadership and customer service in a complex higher education environment.
The candidate should minimally hold an accredited terminal degree of B.S./B.A. or equivalent, although a master's degree is desired. Additionally, the candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of academic administrative successes, have a deep understanding of both business and academic cultures and be metrics driven.
Applicants should provide evidence of:
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• High standards of professional and ethical integrity
• Working knowledge of organizational theory and practice related to systemic change and employee development
• Ability to engage others in a shared narrative
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Business acumen for planning, developing, monitoring, managing and presenting enrollments, financial position and budgets, key metrics and other tracked measures via dashboards that clearly communicate results to the management, employees and stakeholders
• Application of statistics, budgeting, financial/data/trend analysis, project management, quality management and analytics development
• Participation in strategic planning and the development of implementation plans to achieve strategy
• Creative, positive engagement and partnership with faculty and academic leaders within the division and in other units at Georgia Tech
Applications, resume and references should be addressed to: Chair, Assistant Dean for Business Operations search, Georgia Tech Professional Education, 84 Fifth Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia 30308 or emailed to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin May 30, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
Georgia Tech Professional Education, an academic division of the Georgia Institute of Technology, offers a wide variety of academic and learning opportunities to serve the educational needs of today's working professionals throughout their lifetime.. Its purpose is to generate practical results in the workplace and to prepare individuals and industries for the future. The division creates, delivers and assesses education in the areas of K-12 outreach, professional masters programs, short courses and certificate programs through a variety of face-to-face, blended learning, online and/or distance learning course offerings.
During FY2011, Georgia Tech Professional Education served more than 3,100 companies and more than 13,000 individuals in a cost recovery manner of nearly $30M in revenues, which directly supports Georgia Tech's mission of being the leader in improving the human condition in Georgia, the United States and around the globe.
With 159 full-time professional staff members, the Professional Education division is located at the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center in Atlanta and at the Georgia Tech-Savannah campus.
For more information about Georgia Tech Professional Education, visit: www.gtpe.gatech.edu.