Requisition Number: 2011-0237Staff
Job Title: Web Developer
Department: Web Communications
Salary Type: Exempt
Job Type: Full-Time
Union Type: Non Union
Travel: No Travel
Work Environment: Office
The Web Services Web Developer works to develop and implement online tools and database driven solutions for the USF web site. A successful candidate must have at least 3 years experience as a member of a technical web development team, familiarity with web content management systems and proven track record of developing dynamic web applications. This individual will manage the development of projects from concept and directly implement solutions to completion, serving as a liaison between the University client and the Web Services team.
- Consult with clients to establish web site requirements and schedules, counseling them on web site best practices related to web design layout, information architecture and general web usability principles
- Build master pages and templates for web sites, utilizing scripting skills to provide technical solutions for web site functionality requirements
- Meet with university clients to gather requirements and develop data-base driven, scalable online tools
- Act in lead role of supporting the university Web Content Management System for internal users and external vendor management. Assist with troubleshooting vendor technical support issues, develop and communicate CMS best practice methods, and help support and train a growing user base within the university.
- Participate in the strategic planning, evaluation and recommendation of new web tools and services
- Coordinate quality assurance testing/resolution and software installation/upgrades for web server, web applications, software and web sites
- Act as a resource person for Managers and Web/Data Coordinators by providing web technical support within Web Services area of responsibility
- Help monitor and manage Web Services email queue and assist with other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in area related to information systems and computer applications. Experience can substitute for field of study.
- Experience developing web sites utilizing a Content Management System (experience with Ektron CMS400.net preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in developing web sites and dynamic data-base driven web applications (ColdFusion/PHP/MySQL preferred)
- Solid experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Preferred experience using Microsoft technologies including: .NET framework, Visual Basic or C#, XML, and SQL Server
- Knowledge of web site development best practices including SEO techniques and complying with Section 508 accessibility guidelines
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Picasa other design tools
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a fast-paced and dedicated team
- Ability to set and meet critical project deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in problem-solving and developing new solutions
- Experience coordinating with and successfully collaborating with both technical and non-technical staff
- Motivating and positive personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Present portfolio of recent web design and development work
- Understanding of and commitment to USF’s Vision, Mission and Values
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and include links to a portfolio of recent web design and development work.
Posted until Filled Yes
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.