Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Division Dean, Biological and Health Sciences
Instructions for applying:
1. A District application to be completed at http://www.fhdajobs.net *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A cover letter detailing your qualifications, skills and abilities as they relate to the position.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
4. All college transcripts scanned into Word or PDF format.
We do not accept JPEG or other file formats for transcripts. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain and submit transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company, and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required (including reference letters) for this position will not be accepted.
Documents which can be associated with this posting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Workforce Development and Institutional Advancement, provide leadership for the Biological & Health Sciences Division. The Division currently includes the following departments: Biology, Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Emergency Medical Technology, Health Science, Environmental Horticulture, Paramedic, Pharmacy Technology, Primary Care Associate, Radiologic Technology, Respiratory Therapy, and Veterinary Technology. Responsible for the administration of personnel policies and practices; assignments, evaluation and load for full-time and part-time faculty; scheduling; facilities; budget; enrollment management; and hiring, developing, directing and evaluating classified staff. Provide direction and leadership for academic program management, curriculum development, and program review and planning. Promote and develop fundraising activities and marketing plans in consultation with faculty, staff, students, the community, and the Associate Vice President of External Affairs. The Division Dean is responsible for the vision, leadership and stewardship of the division.
Hiring Range: $112,342.68-$123,854.16
Full Salary Range: $112,342.68-$143,520.84
Annual salary plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long-term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Permanent, 12 months per year.
STARTING DATE: January 2, 2013 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about the application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Master's degree.
3. One year of administrative experience, formal training, internship, or leadership in a related area.
Job Close Date
In addition, successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
1. Ability to demonstrate the principles of trust, teamwork, and collaboration.
2. Ability to exercise the principles of leadership, management, and supervision.
3. Ability to reinforce the concepts and principles of student learning.
4. Ability to implement concepts of shared governance.
5. Ability to develop and implement strategic planning processes.
6. Ability to work effectively with diverse students, staff, faculty, and administrators individually and as team members.
7. Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
8. Ability to represent and promote the interests of the division in the administration of the college and the district.
9. Ability to provide appropriate stewardship over resources of the division.
10. Ability to provide leadership to a diverse group of faculty and staff.
11. Ability to handle difficult and sensitive issues and problems and resolve conflicts.
12. Ability to train, assign, supervise, evaluate, and develop staff.
To apply, please visit: http://www.fhdajobs.net/applicants/Central?quickFind=179474