Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Location: Phoenix, AZ Main Campus
Job Code: 2420
FIND YOUR PURPOSE!
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Assistant Professor of Mathematics to develop and provide instruction that incorporates current teaching methodologies, technologies, and other trends that reflect advances in specific areas of the discipline associated with the individual's teaching assignment by performing the following duties.
1) Master's degree in Mathematics
2) One year of instructional experience at the post-secondary level
3) Familiarity with web enhanced instructional tools such as Angel/Blackboard/WebCT
4) Ability to articulate a clear understanding of values-based education from a Christian perspective
5) Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
6) Demonstrated teamwork, self-motivation, integrity, and commitment to maintaining high professional standards.
1) Ph.D. in Mathematics
2) Two years of instructional experience at the post-secondary level, that includes teaching courses, conducting and managing learning experiences, evaluating student achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
3) Demonstrated excellence in teaching across multiple modalities.
-Teach courses within the major.
-Assist students outside classroom hours.
-Stay current on topics and practices related to the discipline
-Participate in curriculum design & development.
-Active support of college/university mission and initiatives.
-Actively participate on college and/or university committees
-Assist the Dean in developing internal and external communities that promote the major field of study, college, and University.
-Provide leadership to adjunct faculty
-Active engagement in professional development activities
-Compliance with all college and University policies.
-Willingness to assume other duties as assigned.