Requisition Number 13-0194
Post Date 4/22/2013
Location Daymar College - Louisville South
Title Director of Career Services
Part Time No
Career Information We appreciate your interest in Daymar Colleges Group, LLC's employment opportunities. At Daymar Colleges Group LLC, "We Change Lives One Person at a Time".
What to Expect with the Online Application Process:
Before you begin the online application process, be sure to:
•Allow up to 20 minutes to complete the online application.
•Have your e-mail address and an up-loadable version of your resume ready.
•Once you have up-loaded your resume, please complete a short questionnaire that will vary in length based upon the position.
Applications are accepted only for currently available job openings. If you are a current Daymar Colleges Group, LLC associate, please use the UltiPro system via the “My Company” tab so that the recruiting department recognizes you as an internal candidate.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Daymar Colleges Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment, promotion, pay or place of work because of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. Employment with the Company does not constitute a contract for any specific period of time and any Associate is free to resign at any time with or without a reason, just as the company may end an Associate’s employment at any time with or without a reason. The Company will, in compliance with the ADA, and in response to our dedication to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities, accommodate essential job functions whenever feasible.
Description Position Summary: Assists students by providing excellent support to positively impact their ability to obtain careers upon completion of their program. This position also provides leadership, vision, administrative support and career-employment related services to enhance the marketable employment skills of Daymar College graduating students.
Student Placement. Promotes and maintains a warm, friendly nurturing atmosphere conducive to placing students in careers upon graduation.
Federal Work Study Programs. Works with the Financial Services Department to set the Federal Work Study budget once Financial Aid receives the allotment amount.
Administration. Directs the administration of policies and establishes new procedures and strategies to enhance career services to graduating students
Student Advising. Provides an open availability for students to resolve concerns.
CampusVUE Maintenance. Maintains database of current student knowledge and events for all Associates utilization in reporting academic reports.
Requirements The following job requirements represent minimum levels of education, experience and competencies/abilities needed to perform this job successfully:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required.
2. Experience: Experience working with students in an academic setting. Experience in program planning and implementation. Demonstrated skills in understanding student career foundations, job placement and the instructional process.
3. Competencies: Incumbent must (be) able to:
• Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
• Keep commitments, meet deadlines and achieve demanding results
• Organize and execute around multiple priorities
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Speak effectively to both large and small groups of people
• Prepare and conduct effective presentations
• Demonstrate excellent listening skills
• Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills including a professionally poised telephone presence
• Use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
• Work days and some evenings and Saturdays if/when required
• Attend meetings and training events, which may include occasional travel
• Excellent customer service skills, telephone, organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Embrace and demonstrate on an ongoing basis the Company’s core values of Continuous Improvement, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Having Fun.
4. Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical Requirements: This job requires normal physical mobility, including the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Normal hand-eye coordination; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including the ability to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds, is also required.
Mental Requirements: This job requires the ability to read, recall, write and understand information. This job also requires the ability to work under moderate pressure and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Environment: This job is normally performed in a clean, well-lighted, heated and cooled office area/classroom.