Title Revenue Cycle Coordinator ^80093
Req Number 13-01195
Open Date 5/24/2013
This position is responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of billing, collection, and A/R management to include procedure development, internal and external communications, statistical reporting, trend analysis, issue resolution, and human resource management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop, implement, revise, and monitor procedures in support of B&C policies 15%*
2. Track employee and team productivity to ensure goals are met 10%*
3. Provide training to new and established employees as determined by B&C leadership 10%*
4. Determine distribution of work load across team leaders, where applicable, and staff 10%*
5. Advise team leaders and/or staff on resolution of patient or carrier 5%
6. Maintain competency in functional area assigned through daily work processes, 20%*
professional development, literature review, seminars, networking, etc
7. Coordinate projects assigned by B&C leadership 5%
8. Maintain QA program to ensure appropriate management of patient 5%
accounts within area of responsibility
9. Perform human resource functions including interviewing, hiring, firing, 5%*
disciplinary actions, counseling, and annual performance reviews
10. Ensure processes support data driven feedback both internally and to the front-end
to improve revenue cycle processes and reduce re-work 5%*
11. Maintain positive working relationships with external vendors such as 5%
insurance carriers, government agencies, claims clearinghouse, collection
agency, IDX, etc.
12. Operate functional unit in a manner which is fiscally responsible 5%
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 2 years of health care industry experience is required, preferably in professional billing.
• One year of supervisory experience preferred.
• Some college courses and/or management training preferred
• Working knowledge of CPT/ICD-9 coding and regulatory compliance guidelines preferred.
Department Revenue Cycle ^90544
WVUH Shift Day
WVUH Full-time/Part-time Full-time (40 hours)
Internal Transfer Only No
About the Organization Looking for a challenge? If you are motivated, talented, and eager, there's a future for you at WVU Hospitals. We are looking for people with the desire to make a difference in healthcare.
WVU Hospitals, a 531-bed tertiary care center, teaching institution, that includes:
Ruby Memorial Hospital
WVU Children's Hospital
Chestnut Ridge Center (behavioral medicine)
Jon Michael Moore Trauma Center
Physician Office Center
Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center
Betty Puskar Breast Care Center
WVU Heart Institute
Clark K. Sleeth Family Medicine Center
Rosenbaum Family House
Cheat Lake Physicians
Center for Reproductive Medicine
Pain Management Center
Wound Management Center
Sports Medicine Center
Sleep Evaluation Center
WVUH-Eastern Division (in the eastern part of the state)
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We offer competitive pay and benefits because we want to attract and retain employees who will support our mission of high quality patient care.
WVUH Hours per Week 40
Notes to Applicant None Specified
WVUH Start/End Time 8:00/5:00