Posting Number: 0002149
Budget Position Number: 995763
Working Title: Senior Associate Director for Career Development and Employer Relations
Department: Office of Career Services
Division: Student Affairs
Pay Zone (Classified positions only):
Job Summary/Basic Function: The Senior Associate Director for Career Development and Employer Relations is a member of the Director's advisory committee, which works collaboratively to provide leadership and vision to the Department of Career Services. The Senior Associate Director for Career Development and Employer Relations will provide departmental leadership and supervision to the following areas and the staff members who support these areas:
1) Selected career cluster curriculum and advising
2) Department learning outcomes and assessment practices and alignment of such practices with current student development theory
3) Empirical based-early career exploration
4) Career testing
5) Employer relationship development and outreach for selected clusters
6) Employer support programs to support employer education and branding efforts for selected clusters
7) Selected career cluster committees comprised of employers, faculty, deans, Miami parents and alumni
Basic Qualifications: - Masters in HR, SAHE, or other relevant degree, is required.
- Demonstrated history of working with faculty, academic divisions, and employers.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders, including business, non-profit and governmental employers.
- Minimum of six years of working in higher education, human resources or other related field.
- High level of business acumen, including sales and marketing skills
- Advanced understanding of how to use student development theory to inform strategic planning, program design, and delivery.
- Experience developing and implementing comprehensive assessment plans including the development and assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams and implementing strategic plans.
Preferred Qualifications: - Ph.D , MBA or J.D. is preferred
Duties: - Manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of a comprehensive and developmentally appropriate career curriculum that supports students from their first day on campus through graduation.
- Supervise selected advisors and cluster leaders.
- Create and carry out an assessment plan for Career Services programs.
- Manage the development and implementation of a university-wide career development strategy for selected clusters. Work with key stakeholders from academic divisions, Student Affairs, Corporate Relations, and other areas to develop, revise, and implement the strategy.
- Support and maintain an employer relations strategy in collaboration with Corporate Relations, Development, and Miami employers across various industries for selected clusters.
- Support the establishment of the Miami University Career Community by serving as a departmental representative to key divisions and offices in order to match career development needs with Career Services offerings (both curricular and co-curricular).
- Assist in development of a vision and implementation strategy for Career Services strategic plans that integrates student development theory, job search strategies, employer relations, innovative approaches to career advising, and career community concepts.
- Develop, evaluate, and refine a comprehensive credit-bearing career curriculum, in partnership with stakeholders, such as CODA, the School of Education, Health and Society and subject matter experts in Career Services, by identifying gaps in existing resources and offerings across the University.
- Develop and maintain an advisory board of key employers who can serve as partners in developing a career curriculum through workshops and a professional development series.
- With the Director of Career Services, serve as the main point of contact for career cluster advisory committees made of employers, alumni, Miami Parents, and faculty.
Date to Begin Screening Applications: 07-17-2013
Posting Date: 07-16-2013
Special Instructions to Applicants: Position will be open until filled.
If temporary, end date:
Hours per week / Percent time: 40
Duration of appointment:
(for unclassified/classified e.g. 12 months) 12 months
Work Hours/Schedule (i.e. Mon-Fri; 6:30am to 3:30pm):
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Pay Range/Salary Minimum:
Pay Range/Salary Maximum: