MANAGER - FUNDRAISING & SPECIAL EVENTS
Take Your Career On A Mission!
Are you looking for a career opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? How about an opportunity to have a rewarding career working for the premier voluntary health organization that supports people with type 1 & type 2 diabetes?
Our employees like working at the American Diabetes Association because of our opportunities, inclusive environment, work-life balance, benefits and culture. When you join our dedicated team you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts the well-being of millions of people, both directly and indirectly, affected by diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association (ADA) Buffalo, NY office is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Manager, Tour de Cure. We are looking for a high-energy, passionate and disciplined leader. This position will be responsible for the coordination of our signature Tour de Cure (bicycling) special event and other wrap around special events in the Western NY market. The Tour de Cure is currently a $400,000 event. Expectations for the new incumbent will be to grow this event to $750,000.
Specific responsibilities include: securing corporate sponsorship and recruitment of corporate teams/ participants & volunteers, management of event volunteer committee and event logistics.
Necessary skills include recruitment of corporate sponsorship, volunteer recruitment and organization. Ability to conduct training and orientation of volunteers, giving technical advice and guidance as needed. Develop public awareness of the American Diabetes Association's mission, goals and objectives. Cold-call sales experience and customer relationship building experiences are highly desirable. Strong presentation skills, oral and written are required. Must know how to close the deal, confirm mutual understandings, and manage volunteer participation to successful outcomes. Must pay close attention to details and be able to manage multiple activities.
The candidate must have proven success in fundraising and volunteer management. Specific areas of responsibility include:
* Recruit and work closely with the Committee Members and volunteers to achieve event and fund raising goals
* Prepare and craft impactful, mission driven event email correspondences
* Ultilize web based fundraising and social media
* Strong presentation skills, oral and written, as well as the ability to manage multiple activities in a fast paced environment are required
* Candidate must be a team player dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals
* Familiarity with analyzing financial reports and developing, monitoring and maintaining event budgets
* Secure Tour route and work with Tour logistics committee to organize the event
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
* Three to five years successful track record of managing and coaching a team to success
* Demonstrated project management skills including prioritizing projects with multiple and often competing deadline
* Knowledge of cycling/pledge special events a plus
* Ability to work independently in a team-based and goal-oriented environment
* Volunteer management experience
* Demonstrated sales experience strongly preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
* Ability to work occasional evenings/weekends
* Frequent local travel throughout the market is required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (donor contact database knowledge a plus)
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
An equal opportunity employer.
“Together we can Stop Diabetes”