Director of Professional Development
Director of Professional Development
Department/Division: Professional Development/Business Administration
Classification: Manager (P)
Status: Full-time, exempt, replacement
Work Schedule: M – F. 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; Some nights & weekends required
Position Summary: The Director position leads Professional Development at Baldwin Wallace University. The position provides leadership and oversight of all executive education public offerings and business development efforts. The purpose of this position is to grow Professional Development services by identifying and meeting non-degree regional business education needs consistent with the mission and strategic goals of Baldwin Wallace University and the Division of Business Administration. The Director of Professional Development works under the direction of the Chair of the Division of Business Administration.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following outlines the essential functions of the position and is not to be considered a detailed description of all duties inherent in the position.
• Lead the sales efforts for all contract training including development and administration of sales pipeline reports and forecasts
• Network within the business community to find and attract new business by participating in organizations and clubs, attending trade shows and conferences.
• Hold strategy sessions with staff and departments across campus to create partnership opportunities that align with long-term goals
• Build custom programming for clients by conducting client needs assessments, identify possible development solutions, and negotiate pricing and terms of service agreements.
• Create forecast and budgets, manage, track revenue and expenses quarterly to meet annual sales goals.
• Evaluate new and existing programming and external partnership opportunities that meet the needs of the marketplace while supporting the strategic direction of the department, Business Division, and Baldwin Wallace University.
• Manage and direct work of department staff to support open enrollment programs, custom programs, marketing, and accounting efforts
• Develop and maintain relationships with faculty and outside consultants for the purpose of establishing a pool of skilled program facilitators.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree or significant experience with project management highly preferred
• Business development experience and sales skills
• Knowledge of curriculum design and adult learning principles
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Entrepreneurial approach to management
• Knowledge of finance and budgeting principles, experience with running a profit/loss center preferred
• Ability to develop collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, administrators and clients
• Must successfully complete a background check
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
• Work is typically performed in a typical interior/office work environment
• Limited physical effort required
• Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks
• Requires physical presence at both the Berea and B-W East campuses
• Must be able to travel
A competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 12 days paid sick leave, 4 weeks paid vacation, 15 paid holidays, employer-paid long and short-term disability plans, 403 (b) retirement plan, university-paid life insurance and tuition remission benefits for employee and family. To learn more about the University’s benefits package, go to: http://www.bw.edu/resources/hr/
The application deadline is September 6, 2013. The search committee will commence reviewing applications immediately. Send resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one (1) Word document or one (1) PDF and submit via the To Apply link on HR’s Current Job Openings web page. http://www.bw.edu/resources/hr/jobs
Baldwin Wallace University is an EEO/AA employer and educator. At BW, we support and encourage diversity in a variety of forms. We value and appreciate inclusive excellence in the classroom, within extracurricular activities, and as we engage our community partners. Learn more at Diversity Affairs - http://www.bw.edu/quickfacts/diversity/