POSITION: Executive Director of Business and Finance
ACCOUNTABLE TO: President
The Executive Director of Business and Finance is a line administrator with staff relationships to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services and Human Resource Director. The Executive Director is the chief fiscal and business officer of the College. The Executive Director has responsibility for the operations of budgeting, financial services, preparation of staffing plans and computation of staff contracts, purchasing, plant maintenance and operation, computer services, vehicle records, managing the telephone system, inventory of college property, and other business related functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business management or related field with accounting and finance background.
• Must have a minimum of five years senior level business or financial operations background
• Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated executive or senior level management background in financial management, budgeting, auditing, forecasting, reserve analysis, marketing analysis.
• Must have a solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database use.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of accounting and finance software management programs.
• Must be able to be bonded.
• Masters of Business Administration or related field.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in SunGard Higher Education Banner Digital Campus Management Software.
If interested in applying, please submit the following to the Human Resource Office:
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
DCC Employment Application
Credential Verification Authorization Statement
1. Please describe in detail a time when you (a) identified an operational or business problem within an organization, (b) developed a process or solution to address the problem, and (c) evaluated the efficacy of the process or solution you had developed.
2. Dawson Community College maintains a very lean and flat organizational structure (e.g., four staff members in the Business and Finance division). If you were a leader in our organization, how would you create a climate that maximizes efficiency, teamwork, and employee confidence?
3. Dawson Community College operates in a complex regulatory environment. If you are familiar with the college’s regulatory environment, please describe your experience or expertise. If you are not familiar with the college’s environment, please explain how you would develop the necessary expertise to be successful in the Executive Director position
Dawson Community College must comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. If hired, you will be required to provide documents to show your identity and authorization to work.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Pursuant to title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Executive Order 11246 as amended, Vietnam era and Disabled Veterans Act, as amended, and the Montana State Human Rights Act - Dawson Community College has a policy of nondiscrimination in employment practices and in admissions, access to and conduct of educational programs and activities. Discrimination is prohibited on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or marital status. Any student, employee, applicant for admission or employment may file a discrimination grievance. Inquiries or grievances should be directed to the Human Resources/EEO Director in Room 105A, phone (406)377-9412.