Tallahassee Community College is seeking candidates for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The Director of Marketing and Communications reports directly to the President of Tallahassee Community College.
The Director of Marketing and Communications provides senior leadership in directing, planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating the College’s marketing, public information, and public relations strategies, both external and internal. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of the College’s paid and unpaid marketing and communications efforts to ensure the college meets enrollment targets and successfully supports the College’s message and mission.
- Oversee design and production of all marketing materials, including the messaging, writing, and design coordination for any communications, strategies, advertising campaigns, and paid media plans.
- Coordinate and ensure that the College regularly conducts relevant market research, monitors trends, and utilizes this research in assessing overall marketing and public information efforts.
- Manage the creation, implementation and measurement of the success of a communications and public relations program to enhance the College’s image and position within the marketplace. This includes publications, brochures, web site content, external print materials and media relations.
- Serve as the official College spokesperson to the media. Advise and consult with the President of the College as well as the Executive Team in regards to issues that may have public relations ramifications to the College.
- Assist the President and other College staff members with drafting letters and speeches, as well as video shoots and media presentations.
- Provide administrative leadership to staff related to projects, events and areas of responsibility by assigning, reviewing and evaluating work; coordinating projects, deadlines, and priorities.
- Manage and administer budget and resources related to areas of responsibility, compiling and submitting reports as needed; and, assessing program effectiveness.
- Develop contacts and relationships with media representatives, and maintain community and college industry presence.
Applicants for this position must possess:
Master’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, business administration or a related field of study, with seven (7) years of demonstrated experience of which three (3) years must have been directing a marketing or public relations program in an administrative or management capacity;
Or a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, business administration a related field of study, with nine (9) years of demonstrated experience of which three (3) years must have been directing a marketing or public relations program in an administrative or management capacity.
- Demonstrated experience should include utilization of digital and social media tools in marketing efforts, developing multi-media communication campaigns to specific stakeholders, and research and data collection to assess marketing efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing strategic marketing efforts that produced measurable results.
- In-depth familiarity with online public information systems and technology including the Internet, and computer skills in the area of desktop publishing, graphics, layout and other appropriate software packages used in the field.
- Advanced knowledge of marketing strategies and techniques as well as local and national news media functions and operations.
- Advanced knowledge of public information and community relations concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques.
- Knowledge of financial and business analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of current and emerging public relation issues and trends applicable to educational institutions.
- Possess budget preparation and fiscal management skills.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students, news media, and the general public.
Tallahassee Community College, Florida’s capital city community college, was recently ranked #1 among the nation’s top producers of A.A. graduates. The college offers post-secondary instruction of the highest quality for both citizens of Leon, Gadsden and Wakulla counties – the primary service area – and for students from throughout the state, nation and world. Approximately 80% of TCC’s enrollment is in the Associate of Arts Transfer Program. As the largest feeder institution to Florida State University, TCC also has an excellent relationship with Florida A&M University and other universities in Florida. Nearly three-fourths of the college’s A.A. graduates transfer into the State University System, the highest percentage in the Florida College System. Additional, the college is rapidly expanding its efforts in workforce training programs, particularly in certification/non-credit area. The college is currently serving a diverse student population of over 15,000 credit students each semester with an operating budget of $58.0 million.
The College offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package. A comprehensive cover letter, current vitae, three professional references, and a completed TCC application must be submitted by September 16, 2013 to receive full consideration. Applicants may contact the college’s Human Resources Department at (850) 201-8510 for application assistance.
***TCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/E-Verify Employer ***
The College uses E-Verify as part of the I-9 process to verify the work eligibility of all new hires. Tallahassee Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, genetic information, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. Inquiries regarding the College’s non-discrimination policies may be directed to: Renae Tolson, Equity Officer, Room 146 Administration Building, 444 Appleyard Drive, Tallahassee, FL 32304, (850) 201-8510, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All persons are encouraged to apply.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources; (850) 201-8510, Fax (850) 201-8489 or Website www.tcc.fl.edu