Position # 002026
Advertising Department PIRATE TUTORING
Division Academic Affairs
Job Title Instructional Tech Consultant
Advertising Job Title:
Working Title INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY CONSTULTANT
Number of Vacancies 1
(Commensurate with qualifications for faculty and non-faculty EPA) Commensurate with qualifications
Job Description The Instructional Technology Consultant will report to the Director of the Pirate Tutoring Center and serve to support the expansion of digital tutoring services and center data management; this is a full-time, temporary position.
An Instructional Technology Consultant will have primary responsibilities with the following:
- Oversee the maintenance and expansion of digital tutoring services
- Plan, implement and train tutor PTC tutors in new methods of delivery via iPads, Thinkpad tablets, Tegrity recordings and other academic technologies
- Maintain technology devices in Pirate Tutoring Center including LCD monitors, laptops, Ipads, tablets and check in stations
- Develop and implement new methods of digital tutoring services
- Maintain ACCUQSL database system managing appointments and database information
- Oversee ACCUSQL student usage reports
- Oversee production of digital tutor training and student study skills workshops
- Share responsibility for Starfish maintenance and reports
- Interact with Academic Technologies staff on behalf of the Pirate Tutoring Center
The following criteria are essential for the position: experience in the application of educational technologies, facilitation, and implementation; experience in program management; and an understanding of college student development.
Minimum Qualifications Requirement Qualifications:
This position requires a Master's degree in an appropriate discipline such as computer technology or Information systems and work experience in information technology, digital environments, or online teaching.
Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience from a comprehensive or research University. The following criteria are essential for the position: experience in the application of educational technologies, facilitation, and implementation; experience in program management; and an understanding of college student development.
Special Instructions to Applicants East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the required applicant documents:
Letter of Interest
List of Three References (noting contact information)
ECU Statement East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action University that accommodates individuals with disabilities.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) should contact the Department for Disability Support Services at (252) 737-1016 (Voice/TTY).
Proper documentation of identity and employability is required at the time of employment.
Rank Level Not Applicable
Job Open Date 10-18-2013
Job Close Date Open Until Filled
Date Initial Screening Begins 10-23-2013
Job Category Non-Faculty Instructional & Research
Applicant Pool All Applicants
Required Applicant Documents Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
List of References (including contact information)
Application Types Accepted Candidate Profile (EPA only)