ADMISSIONS & RECORDS CLERK II
$1,025/month 19 hours/week
Range 9 12 months/year
June 11,2014, 5:00 pm, PST
July, 2014 (approximate)
This is a categorically funded assignment contingent upon year-to-year funding.
- Graduation from high school or the equivalent
- Two years of experience in general clerical work, including public contact
- Experience in student admissions and records
- Type at 45 net words per minute
Be sensitive to and understand the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students
Under general supervision of the Associate Registrar, to perform complex and specialized clerical duties in student admissions and evaluation of student records; and to do related work as required.
- Work at the Admissions and Records registration counter assisting students with registration
- Determines status of all applicants
- Codes residency data
- Answers basic questions requiring knowledge of residency laws
- Prepares and checks registration masters for accuracy and completeness
- Maintains records relating to adding and dropping classes and withdrawing from school
- Processes a variety of paper work relating to student records
- Assists other student services departments during peak registration times as needed
- Modern office practices and procedures
- Rules, regulations and policies of the Admissions & Records Office
- Maintain complex records
- Perform clerical duties with speed and accuracy
- Perform basic math computations rapidly and accurately
- Work independently
- Type at 45 words per minute
- Work cooperatively with others
How to Apply: All applicants must provide the following items by the closing date in order to be considered for this recruitment. If materials are emailed or faxed in order to meet the deadline, it is the responsibility of the candidate to send originals immediately. Email to: HR@mccd.edu, Fax 209-384-6103
1. Obtain application from the Office of Human Resources or download from the Application Section below and complete the entire form.
2. Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position
4. Current typing certificate of a minimum 45 net wpm dated within one year (online typing certificates not accepted)
It is the applicants responsibility to ensure that all required materials are in the Human Resources Office on the filing deadline. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Application for Download
Classified Position Application [Word Doc 206k]
This application may be downloaded, saved to disk, and filled out using Microsoft Word 97 or higher. You may navigate the application blank by tabbing from field to field or pointing and clicking with the mouse. The blanks where information is to be filled in are non-printing characters. If there are additional pages in your application because of the information you included, that is OK.
All materials submitted in your application file become District property and will not be returned to you. Please send to:
Cathy Harris, Office of Human Resources, Merced College, 3600 M Street, Merced, CA 95348-2898
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office.
Interview Information: Those applicants deemed most qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. Finalist interviews with district administrators may follow. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Expenses for travel and accommodations will be the responsibility of the candidates.
Employee Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Condition of Employment: The selected candidate must be livescanned and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform Act of 1986 requires verification of the right to work in the United States. Applicant must be able to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations. All classified employees, as a condition of employment, must become members of California School Employees Association or pay a representation fee in an equal amount to a charity agreeable to CSEA. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer