Working under general direction, the research coordinator will carry out research efforts to develop and translate rapid Magnetic Resonance Imaging techniques in human patients. The primary objective of this position is to recruit human subject research participants, oversee the regulatory aspects of the human research efforts, aid in scanning research participants, and analyze data. The research coordinator will provide aid to researchers within the lab, allowing them to conduct studies with greater efficiency. Adhere to all agency and departmental policies and procedures. Adhere to the highest principles of patient and client confidentiality. Adhere to established safety policies, procedures, and precautions.
1. Implement outreach and recruitment efforts for human subject research participation in coordination with the principal investigator and collaborating researchers.
2. Prepare and maintain necessary regulatory documents for human subject research, including IRB and FDA IDE submissions.
3. Conduct regular outreach, education, and recruitment duties as assigned.
4. Assist in the day-to-day tasks of study-related activities including outreach, recruitment plans, and protocol implementation and follow-up.
5. Schedule and provide educational sessions to potential human subject research participants.
6. Coordinate and conduct enrollment of potential human subject research participants.
7. Obtain consent of potential candidates for study participation.
8. Assist researchers with setting up research protocols and experiments as needed.
9. Schedule participant visits to conduct research study experiments, as per protocol.
10. Collect data utilizing recording devices, including force transducers, accelerometers, voice recorders, etc., per protocol.
11. Record and maintain accurate and timely documentation of participant protocol visits.
12. Communicate with principal investigator regarding project updates.
13. Identify potential or actual unsafe situations in the environment and take measures to rectify the situation.
14. Participate in quality assessment and improvement activities as requested
15. Order laboratory supplies.
1. Attend all required meetings, in-services and professional trainings, including out of state meetings and trainings.
2. Maintain professional competence necessary to perform job responsibilities.
3. Perform related duties as required
Department: Continuous contact with the supervisor to discuss the management of the ongoing research projects, as well as other staff members.
University: Moderate contact with collaborators in Biomedical Engineering to share information.
External: Moderate contact with the IRB to provide data or resolve issues. Occasional contact with supply vendors.
Students: Continuous contact with student employees to provide data or resolve issues.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Experience: 1 to 3 years previous recruitment, outreach/education in a laboratory or clinical research setting highly preferred.
Education/Licensing: Bachelor's degree in related field, or related college coursework (e.g. in science, health marketing, health education or public relations/marketing).
1. Knowledge and understanding of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
2. Knowledge and understanding of IRB protocols preferred.
3. Project management experience preferred.
4. Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and communicate with various individuals within and external to the university, specifically with patients and collaborators. Must be able to articulately and effectively relay information to patients for recruiting purposes and to research collaborators.
5. Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines. Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy, time management skills, and proven ability to successfully follow-through on assigned projects.
6. Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within a team. Must be highly motivated, responsible, dependable and a self-starter.
7. Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
8. Effective problem-solving skills; must demonstrate sound judgment and good decision-making.
9. Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to work under pressure; must be able and willing to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timeline.
10. Ability and willingness to rely on and follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job are required.
11. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word) and internet navigation.
12. Proficiency in Matlab, including an ability to understand and modify codes
13. Must demonstrate willingness to learn new techniques, procedures, processes, and computer programs as needed.
Typical office environment. Will work with human subjects to conduct research activites.